On May 14, 2013 the voters of Miami-Dade County will have the final say on the future of Super Bowls, BCS Championships, and international soccer in Miami, including the 50th Anniversary Super Bowl. In order to keep our community competitive, I stand ready to invest in Miami-Dade and modernize Sun Life Stadium, doing so with respect for my fellow citizens and adherence to the following principles:
- We Promise To Approach This Partnership Differently. We are willing to invest more, pledge more, and return more to the community and to our fans.
- Private Funds Will Pay For The Majority Of Stadium Construction Costs. We guarantee that private investment will cover the majority of the costs associated with improving Sun Life Stadium. We will repay approximately $159 million to the state and county, and will pay for 100% of any cost overruns during construction.
- No Cost to Miami-Dade County Property Tax Payers, the County General Fund, or the County Budget. Tourists will pay the county share.
- Local Jobs. We will create over 4,000 local jobs by hiring local businesses and workers from Miami-Dade County, providing a substantial boost to the local economy.
- World-Class Facility. Miami-Dade deserves a first-class facility and a strong home-field advantage. We will improve sight lines, move seats closer to the field, install HD lighting, and make Sun Life Stadium an electric environment for the Dolphins, University of Miami Athletics, and international soccer.
- Securing The Future Of The Franchise. For 47 seasons, the Dolphins have been a Miami tradition. We will commit to play at a modernized Sun Life Stadium for at least another 30 years.
Sun Life Stadium will not only be a more exciting, comfortable, and entertaining facility for the hundreds of thousands of fans who enjoy Dolphins, University of Miami Athletics, and Orange Bowl games, it will also offer Miami-Dade a valuable asset that can compete for elite events, create jobs, generate revenue for local businesses, and ensure that the world keeps its eyes on us.
Together, we can inspire a better future for Miami-Dade…the right way.
Owner, Miami Dolphins